Eligibility and Requirements for the Accelerated BSN Program
Our admissions team is here to answer your questions and discuss the specific eligibility requirements of the ABSN program, which includes the completion of all prerequisite coursework prior to enrollment. If you meet the admission criteria and want to apply to the program, you are assigned a dedicated admissions counselor who will help walk you through every step of the pre-enrollment process.
Accelerated BSN Admission Requirements
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- A non-nursing bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Completion of all prerequisite courses, with a “C” grade or higher
- Completion of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), with a 100 score
- Ability to meet all university technical standards
- Once admitted, completion of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
Accelerated BSN Admissions Criteria
Once you have met the eligibility requirements for our accelerated nursing program in Charlotte, you must complete the following as part of the admissions process:
- Develop a goal statement highlighting your nursing interests and future career plans.
- Create a short admissions video to complement your goal statement.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from your professional and academic references.
- Submit an updated resume.
About Your Admissions Video
Please note that your admissions video does not need to be elaborate or professionally produced—it can be as simple as using the video function on your smartphone.
Our only video submission requirements are:
- The video must be approximately two minutes in length.
- The video must have appropriate lighting.
- The video must show your face the entire time.
- You must answer the question: What qualities or experiences do you have that make you a good candidate for the Northeastern University ABSN program in Charlotte?
- Upload the video to YouTube and include the hyperlink in your goal statement.
Test of Essential Academic Skills
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) evaluates the basic reading, math, science and language aptitude of ABSN program applicants. The test allows us to determine if the applicant has a deficiency in a certain subject and then identify ways in which he/she can improve these skills to be successful in the program. The TEAS is only a requirement for students who have been admitted into the accelerated nursing program.
Test of English as Foreign Language
Applicants with a degree from an institution outside of the United States where English is not the primary language must complete the TOEFL with a score of 100. The TOEFL measures a person’s ability to use and understand English at the university level, evaluating how well he/she can combine listening, reading, speaking and writing skills to perform academic tasks. Individuals taking the test for admissions into our program should use #3629 as the college code.
Technical Standard for Admissions
Certain functional abilities are essential for the delivery of safe, effective nursing care during clinical education activities. Therefore, the Northeastern University School of Nursing has determined that certain technical standards are requisite for admission, progression and graduation into the ABSN program. An individual must be able to independently, with or without reasonable accommodation, meet technical standards, including functional use of the human senses and the ability to perform fine and gross motor skills.
Please contact our admissions team for more information on the admissions process.