Our Accelerated BSN program in Charlotte is rigorous, so it is important to feel as confident and prepared as possible before you enroll. Many of our students enter the program after being away from the school environment for a few years. Therefore, we require prospective ABSN students to complete certain prerequisite courses before starting the core nursing curriculum.
Your ABSN prerequisites lay the foundation for your success in our nursing program and are an essential part of your overall preparation as a nurse.
List of ABSN Prerequisite Courses
Please be aware that for acceptance into our Accelerated BSN program in Charlotte, you are required to complete each ABSN prerequisite course with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Microbiology with Lab (4 credits)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab (4 credits)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab (4 credits)
- Introduction to Chemistry with Lab (4 credits)
- Statistics (inferential stats and hypothesis testing) (3 credits)
- Social/Behavioral Sciences (any 100 level or above) (3 credits)
- Developmental Psychology (Lifespan) (3 credits)
- Nutrition (3 credits)
Please contact an admissions counselor for more information on the ABSN prerequisites.