Admissions Overview for the ABSN Program in Charlotte
If you have an undergraduate degree and seek a second degree in nursing, our accelerated nursing program in Charlotte is a great option.
Not only does the program offer the academic foundation and clinical preparedness required to take the NCLEX-RN, it gives you a support system to help you succeed, starting with our admissions team.
Our admissions team is prepared to guide you and work with you one-on-one during the entire accelerated BSN admissions process.
They will answer your questions, review your transcripts and discuss eligibility requirements for the program.
Determining Program Eligibility
To be eligible for the second-degree ABSN program, you will need a previous non-nursing bachelor’s degree as well as a strong GPA. You will also need to complete the ABSN prerequisites and a few other admissions requirements.
Our admissions counselors can help you:
- Navigate the program requirements and determine enrollment eligibility.
- Create a personalized prerequisite plan that works toward a particular start date.
- Apply for admission into the Northeastern University School of Nursing.
Enrollment at a Glance
Our accelerated nursing program in Charlotte accepts students three times a year, in January, May and September. Applications are typically due two months before the start of classes. Please contact an admissions counselor for specific dates.
Our admissions counselors can help you develop a personalized enrollment plan, including a plan for completing prerequisite courses directly through Northeastern University.
Key Steps of the ABSN Program Admissions Process
- Schedule an admissions interview.
- Determine program eligibility.
- Submit official academic transcripts.
- Complete any prerequisite courses.
- Submit a current resume.
- Write a goal statement and create an application video.
- Secure three letters of professional recommendation.
- Complete the official admissions application online, which includes a $75 application fee.
Please send your official transcripts directly to:
Northeastern University Charlotte
Attn: Accelerated BSN Admissions
101 North Tryon Street, #1100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28246
Please contact our admissions team for more information on the admissions process.