On-Campus Nursing Simulation Labs
Experiential learning is essential for creating practice-ready nurses. Our nursing simulation labs, which feature state-of-the-art medical training equipment, allow you to safely apply the nursing concepts you learned online.
At our accelerated nursing program facility in Uptown Charlotte, students work alongside instructors to gain hands-on nursing skills practice using high-tech medical manikins that realistically simulate a wide variety of functions. Students are able to monitor their breathing, blood pressure and heart rate patterns as well as apply wound care.
Our nursing simulation labs help you develop critical-thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills in a controlled, risk-free environment. As a result, you can begin your clinical rotations feeling prepared to work with clinical instructors and provide care to real patients.
Simulation Labs Provide Dose of Reality
Our nursing simulation labs offer a variety of patient-care situations that help you develop the skills and confidence necessary to succeed during clinical rotations.
Our high-tech medical manikins allow students to:
- Participate in hands-on learning strategies similar to clinical experiences.
- Apply basic skills such as checking vital signs and monitoring blood pressure.
- Practice responding to acute and critical events in a safe, controlled environment.
- Evaluate different patient-care scenarios and administer proper treatment.
- Learn from mistakes and effectively correct them under faculty supervision.
- Experience scenarios that focus on understanding team collaboration.
Contact our admissions team to learn more about our nursing simulation labs.