Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program in Charlotte
If you have the drive to become a nurse, our Accelerated BSN program in Charlotte leverages your existing non-nursing degree so you can earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) in 16 months. The program simultaneously blends online coursework with hands-on learning and clinical practice, providing you with the academic foundation and clinical preparedness required to succeed in today’s complex health care environments.
How the Accelerated BSN Program Works
Our full-time Accelerated BSN program follows a rigorous, 16-month curriculum consisting of online coursework, hands-on learning and clinical rotations.
- Online accelerated nursing courses completed via an e-Learning platform.
- Skills labs at our advanced simulation nursing facility in Uptown Charlotte.
- Diverse, real-world clinical practice in top local health care facilities.
- Guidance from dedicated university faculty throughout the program.
Due to the intensity of the program, we recommend that students view it as a full-time job. The program requires you to be dedicated and self-motivated, but we provide a variety of resources to help you keep pace every step of the way, from admissions to graduation.
Download your free guide that tells you what to expect as a Northeastern University ABSN student.
Preparation to Take the NCLEX-RN
Upon completing our accelerated nursing program in Charlotte, NC, you will have the strong academic foundation and clinical preparedness needed to take the National Council Licensure Exam-RN (NCLEX-RN) and become a registered nurse.
Northeastern University accelerated nursing program graduates are attractive to employers due to the skill levels and diverse educational backgrounds they bring to the workforce. Employers view our graduates as being motivated learners and potential leaders who are highly committed to the nursing profession.
Accelerated BSN Program Helpful Hints
While our accelerated nursing program in Charlotte is challenging, once you graduate and transition into the workforce as a highly educated nurse, you will look back on the experience with pride.
For those entering the program, we offer these helpful hints:
- Get to know your professors, and do not be shy about asking for help.
- Prepare for your studies a week in advance to stay on top of your work.
- Lean on fellow students for support and form small study groups.
- Take time to have fun or relax, but be careful not to fall out of your routine.
- Find an outlet to help relieve stress and anxiety.
- Above all, never lose sight of your end goal.
Because our ABSN program in Charlotte is fast-paced, the students who tend to be the most successful in this type of educational format are dedicated, self-motivated, organized and eager to learn. They anticipate the stress that is going to be involved and are not afraid to lean on fellow students and faculty for support and encouragement.
Contact our admissions team to take the first step toward a nursing career with a degree from a top national university.