Admissions Process for the Accelerated BSN Program
Whether you have an undergraduate degree in accounting, zoology, or anything in between, our Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program is an effective way to quickly transition into nursing. While applying to nursing school may seem stressful, our admissions team is dedicated to making the process as smooth as possible for you.
To qualify for our ABSN program, you must have a non-nursing bachelor’s degree and a minimum 3.0 GPA. You will also need to complete the ABSN prerequisites and a few other admissions requirements.
Our admissions counselors can help you:
- Understand the program requirements and review your qualifications
- Develop a personalized academic plan that works toward a particular start date
- Prepare your application and submit it to the Northeastern University School of Nursing
The unique structure of our program allows us to offer three start dates a year, in January, May and September. This gives us the flexibility to admit a greater number of qualified students into the program each year, and it lets you get started when you’re ready. Applications for a program start are typically due two months before the first day of class. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific application deadlines.
Key Admissions Steps
Working exclusively with ABSN students, our admissions counselors know the ins and outs of the program and are committed to your success. They will help you develop a pre-enrollment plan that targets a preferred start date. Here is a quick look at what you can expect during the admission process:
- Schedule a time to speak with an admissions counselor
- Confirm your program eligibility
- Order your official academic transcripts
- Complete your prerequisite courses
- Submit a current resume
- Prepare your goal statement and video essay
- Request three letters of academic/professional recommendation
- Submit your official admissions application online (includes a $75 application fee)
Please mail your official transcripts to the following address:
Attn: ABSN Program Admissions
5 Burlington Woods, Suite 205
Burlington, MA 01803
Contact us to learn more about our Accelerated BSN admissions process.