ABSN Admissions Criteria
If you meet the eligibility requirements for our ABSN program in Massachusetts, you are required to complete the following tasks as part of the admissions process:
- Write a goal statement describing your nursing interests and future career plans.
- Film a short admissions video to accompany your goal statement.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from academic and professional references.
- Send us an updated resume.
About Your Admissions Video
Your admissions video does not need to be professionally produced—it can be as easy as using the video function on your smartphone.
Your admissions video must:
- Be at least two minutes long.
- Have suitable lighting.
- Show your face at all times.
- Answer the question: What makes you a good candidate for the Northeastern ABSN program?
- Be posted to YouTube, with the hyperlink listed in your goal statement.
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
The TEAS helps us evaluate the basic reading, math, science and language aptitude of our ABSN program applicants. The test, which can be taken at the program site in Burlington or an approved testing location, allows us to determine if you have a deficiency in a certain subject so we can then identify ways to help you improve these skills and succeed in the program. Students are only required to take the TEAS after being admitted into the program.
Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL)
If your degree is from an institution outside of the United States where English is not the primary language, you must take the TOEFL and earn a score of 100. The test measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level. Use college code #3629 when taking the TOEFL.
Technical Standard for Admissions
We have identified a series of technical standards, or functional abilities, that are essential for success in our ABSN program and a career in nursing. Prior to enrollment, you must be able to independently, with or without reasonable accommodation, meet these technical standards, which include functional use of your human senses and the ability to perform fine and gross motor skills.
Contact us to set up an appointment with one of our admissions counselors.