Experiential Learning through Nursing Simulation Labs
Experiential learning is key to your accelerated nursing education. As an Accelerated BSN student, you and a small group of peers will participate in a series of nursing skills and nursing simulation labs.
These labs allow you to apply the nursing theory you learned online in a safe, controlled environment under the guidance of a clinical instructor.
Our nursing simulation labs get you as close as possible to real-world patient care situations. Outfitted with advanced medical equipment and high-fidelity medical manikins, these labs take your nursing competency to the next level—making you feel as if you are in an actual hospital setting.
The critical thinking and decision making skills developed during these labs help prepare you for clinical rotations.
Simulation Labs Provide Dose of Reality
Our computerized medical manikins deliver realistic human responses that contribute to the learning process by allowing students to:
- Apply hands-on learning strategies similar to clinical experiences
- Practice basic skills such as monitoring blood pressure and checking vital signs
- Respond to critical patient situations in a safe, controlled environment
- Assess patient symptoms and administer proper treatment
- Learn from and correct mistakes under faculty supervision
- Experience how team collaboration impacts patient care
Contact us to learn how nursing simulation labs are key to a quality nursing education.